There is no denying that the days are getting colder and darker. These are the kind of days that our family loves to enjoy eating a bowl of piping hot chili while under a comfy blanket and watching a good movie. You? Recently Hormel sent me a recipe for Vegetable Chili with Kale and Quinoa, a healthy alternative to your standard chili recipe. It sounds absolutely delicious, so I decided to share it with you.
Vegetable Chili with Kale and Quinoa
Makes 8-10 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 (15-ounce) cans HORMEL® chili
- ½ cup quinoa
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Sauté onion, carrot and celery 10 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and next 3 ingredients and sauté 8 minutes.
- Stir in chili, quinoa and kale and simmer 15 minutes.