Hopefully you enjoyed my earlier post about the #BlogMob #Hunger at the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. This whole month is dedicated to fighting hunger, and I am excited to share with you one more way you can help out.
From September 16 to 22, you can visit participating restaurants and dine out for No Kid Hungry. What does that mean? That means that when you and your family have dinner this week, you can help Share Our Strength with programs to end childhood hunger.
Share Our Strength is an organization that I was introduced to through buying cookies at a Tastefully Simple party. They have nutrition programs (school breakfasts, summer lunch meals) that I have myself benefited from (and seen great benefits as a teacher), so this is near and dear to my heart. Money raised through this week will help keep these programs going.
If you are in the Pittsburgh Area, our options (which you can find on the map) are:
- Denny’s ($3+ = coupon book worth $5)
- Arby’s ($1 donation = coupon for free Value Menu with the purchase of a sandwich)
- Joe’s Crab Shack ($1 donation = free Key Lime Pie, $5 = Crab Nachos, $10 = Classic Steampot)
- Bruegger’s ($3+ = $20 coupon book)
- Buffalo Wild Wings ($0.50 is donated to the campaign for anything you order from the Tablegating Sampler menu)
- First Watch Restaurants ($0.25 donated for every Kid’s Meal purchased)
- Tic Toc (select menu items = a $1 donation to No Kid Hungry)
- Pita Pit ($1+ donation = $1 off next pita)
- Round Corner Cantina (50% proceeds of chips and salsa menu)
Here’s how you can help spread the word, even if you are unable to dine out this week:
- Follow @Dine_Out and @NoKidHungry on Twitter and retweet their messages. Use the hashtag #NoKidHungry when you are talking about this!
- Share this tweet (copy and paste): I’m dining out for #NoKidHungry this week. Join me by finding a participating restaurant in your area: Finder
- “Like” No Kid Hungry on Facebook
- Share this blog post with your friends and family.