Disclosure: I received a free “Blogger Blowout” from Swank Hair Studio in exchange for writing this post. All opinions, however, are 100% my own.
I am literally blown away by the service I received on Sunday when I went to Swank Hair Studio for their first “Stylish Sundays” event. There were so many things I loved, it’s probably best to make a list.
Jealous yet? Stay tuned to the end of this post for the details on how you can get the experience from Swank that I did.
1. The studio was gorgeous. It’s located in Lawrenceville (at 3507 Butler Street, Pittsburgh) and has historic touches with modern colors, lighting, and beauty. My pictures might not do it any justice (the camera is acting up), but I’ll try to show you…
2. The event itself. Stylish Sundays is an event series the Studio has started this fall, offering 1/2 price blowouts from 10-3 (no appointment necessary) and a bonus for your return visit – when you book your next appointment at the event, you’ll receive 10% any service AND if you book a chemical treatment, you’ll receive a free lip -or- eyebrow wax!
3. More love for the event! Pretty Living PR, a PR firm here in Pittsburgh, is helping with the series. If you’re in business and need some PR consulting, the ladies of Pretty Living PR are available during the event for complimentary PR consultations (including social media, press coverage, and more!). What a great resource for women in business in Pittsburgh.
4. Getting my hair done. I have been a hot mess when it comes to my hair. In September, I got (what I thought was) a great hair cut (yes) and color (maybe not so much) and have been trying to keep it up and look fabulous ever since. I literally ran a brush through my hair, got in the car, and headed to Swank. Melissa, the owner, took control of my hair. She actually investigated it (realizing the blue streaks I got and thought “went away” turned my hair GREEN), and tackled the task of giving my ‘do a blowout. It was my first ever, so I am not 100% sure what to have expected, but she went above and beyond, making me feel fabulous. I’ll be back, and not just because I was asked to come check them out!
5. The service. All the stylists, Pretty Living PR, and small business ladies in the studio were so kind and fun. They let me bring the kids, and even shared stories of their own kids. I didn’t feel left out of some inner circle (yes, I’ve felt this way at a salon before) or pressured to get some service. It was truly exceptional. And, I really felt like…
6. More about the event! Stylish Sundays offers not only the great things I’ve mentioned above, but features local businesses during the event. This time around, it was sweets from Bella Christie (yum, hadn’t had them yet, but will be finding their truck next time I am in Aspinwall!) and Alexia Rose Jewelry. I did a ‘lil shopping, and so did Arianna. Love that they have helped other small businesses get business, too! Women in business have to stick together!
7. How much I loved staring at myself the rest of the day. And that I know you all deserve a day like this, too. You can get your special treatment (1/2 off a blowout) at any of the remaining Stylish Sundays at Swank from 10 AM to 3 PM on November 10 or December 8. More information, and to “RSVP” is on their Facebook page and event page.
See? Amazing. Thank you, Melissa and Swank Hair Studio!
Want your own time to get pampered? Swank Hair Studio gave me a $10 Gift Certificate for being one of the first ones through their doors on Sunday. I want to share the love and am hosting a giveaway. One lucky reader will get a $10 gift certificate for Swank Hair Studio. Enter through 11/8/13.