Another favorite meal of mine is Chicken Parmesan, so I may as well share it as part of the RedPack Tomato blogging competition going on this week. I have to credit my friend Suzie with cooking this delicious dish during our scrapbook weekends, though. It helped my inspiration. 🙂
Heart Healthy Chicken Parmesan
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup egg beaters
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated) + some to top the finished product
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 8 oz. cans of tomato sauce
1 pound whole wheat linguini or spaghetti
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, and italian seasoning in a small bowl.
3. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg beaters and then in the dry mix to coat.
4. Place the chicken in a 9×13 baking pan (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray).
5. Pour one can of the spaghetti sauce over the chicken and bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is fully baked and sauce is bubbly.
6. While baking, boil water and cook the spaghetti.
7. Serve the baked chicken over the spaghetti, topping with the extra sauce and parmesan cheese to taste.