Verizon Tech provided me with products for the purpose of testing and sharing my experience. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.
If you are planning a spring (or summer) getaway, what are you packing as you plan your travel adventure? I absolutely must pack technology even when vacations are a time to get away from it all. There’s always a plan to blog more (especially now that I have a second blog), so I do usually bring my computer, but the technology I must bring along is usually geared toward making the trip a bit more hassle-free and fun, bonus points if it’s an active trip!
Spring into Travel Adventures with Verizon Tech
I’m not alone in my desire to be active on vacation – Verizon shared with me that the American Society of Travel Agents found we are moving away from “fly-and-flop” trips and looking for adventure! Verizon Tech offers a few pieces of technology that can make those active adventures a bit more fun.
Here are some of the technologies they suggest for spring travel adventures:
· For road trips, jam out with the UE Wonderboom 2 — portable, loud and waterproof speakers for big sounds on the go.
· Whether traveling by plane or on the road, JBL Freewireless in-ear headphones provide a great sound and added bonus: they are splash-proof.
· Track all the walking you will do while sightseeing with the Fitbit Alta HR.
· Charge both Apple and micro USB devices — and do it without having to carry around multiple cables with the mophie powerstation.
· From sandy and wet beaches to rough, rocky hikes or the ski slopes, this LifeProof Fre case will protect your phone from the elements.
· Use your Tile Sport for luggage, passport holders, wallets, purses, bags, and more.
Travel Technology and the Kiddos
I got the opportunity to test out the Tile Sport, mophie powerstation, and JBL Free headphones. My more detailed review on these technologies and how I’m personally using them can be found here, but I found ways to use each with the kids, too!
- Add a Tile to your child’s must-have toy just in case it gets left behind- we have paid $48 (not kidding) to get a favorite lovie shipped back from a hotel. (We didn’t know it would cost that and just told the hotel “send it”.) This way, if it happens to you, you can see where the lovie is and not have to stress on your ride home.
- For the car ride to your destination, let the kids us the mophie to keep their gadgets charged and ready to go!
- When you need some quiet time, give the kids your phone and a good playlist then have each take one of the JBL Free headphones and jam away (note – with four kids, this only worked for the older two).
What ways do you integrate technology into your travels?