Gift Idea: Speck Galaxy S5 Phone Case

Blog posts on this site may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Read my full disclosure and privacy policy here.

Sharing is caring!

Enter disclaimer text This post is sponsored by Speck Products. 

It’s no secret that I take my phone with me everywhere. Truthfully, 92% of the time, it’s to help tame my anxiety that something and everything all at once is going to go wrong and the other 8% of the time is to curb my boredom / need to always be doing something. Because of that, I’ve found that I need a case that is going to keep my precious phone safe.

You probably remember that I’ve tried out a few other Speck phone cases (for the Galaxy S4 and most recently S5). It was time for another case change, so I decided to give the CandyShell Inked Samsung Galaxy S5 Case a try.


As a mom with tattoos and a love for pretty much anything girly blue, I was swooning over this case. Sure, the case was going to protect my Galaxy S5 from the certain drops while juggling two babies, a diaper bag, an overly full purse, water bottle and keys…but even more…it was going to be pretty. I am really swayed by pretty things, you see? (And now it makes me want some watercolor tattoos…that’s where the tattoos come in!)

I’d recommend this case to anyone who is looking for something pretty that still provides protection. The ONLY “con” I experienced with it so far is that if I forget to turn my volume up at night, it has quieted my alarm (not to the point I’ve slept through it, though). Back to the pluses? My phone has yet to overheat in this case. And, this CandyShell case (available for both the Galaxy S5 and S6) boasts military-grade protection for the accidents that are bound to happen when you take your phone everywhere. A little bit more straight from

CandyShell Inked features stunning high-res graphics with a durable coating for brilliantly colored Galaxy S5 cases that won’t fade. Plus, this CandyShell Inked Galaxy S5 case is certified to meet or exceed MIL-STD-810G drop test standards for military-grade protection. CandyShell Inked is detailed to defend with a raised bezel to protect your Galaxy S5 screen from impact, rubberized covers to shield volume and power buttons, and a dual-layer design for two layers of protection in one protective Galaxy S5 case.

Like all of our products, this Galaxy S5 case has been lab-tested against extreme temperatures, cracks, and abrasions.

Speck makes products that are designed for impact to protect the tech you rely on. With a balance of slim lines and military-grade protection, we provide a difference you can see and feel.

I know the days of shopping are getting closer and closer to the holiday, but it’s not to late to add this one under your tree!


ON DECEMBER 7, 2015 ONLY: Save 25% on all Speck Phone Cases (excluding iPhone) by shopping at!


About Speck

Speck creates award-winning cases designed to make an impact – and take one. Since 2001, we’ve been making distinctive products for the world’s top smartphones, tablets, laptops, watches, and backpacks. We deliver a balance of artful design and military-grade protection, for a difference you can see and feel. Our roots are in the heart of Silicon Valley, at the intersection of design and technology, inspiring us to craft masterfully engineered products. We believe that excellence is in the details, which is why we create cases that enable you to go more places and enjoy more from your mobile devices. Get to know us at or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.