Fall is great, isn’t it? FamilyFun Magazine has some healthy, fun snack ideas that are perfect for celebrating the fall fun. Hopefully you’ll find them as adorable as I did and put them in your fall plans.
1. Use a piping bag and round decorating tip (or a ziplock bag with a corner snipped off) to pipe a swirl of peanut butter on a 1-inch thick slice of banana.
2. Top with fresh berries, shredded coconut, or other healthy favorites.
Whooo’s hungry owl crackers
Mini round crackers
1. Spread a layer of plain cream cheese on a round cracker, using the tip of the spreader to make small indents for feathers.
2. Press on a pair of mini round cracker eyes (we pulled apart a Ritz Bits sandwich and used a half for each eye) and attach raisin pupils with a dab of cream cheese.
3. Finish by pressing on an almond beak and almond-slice feathers.
Your favorite cupcakes!
Once your cupcakes have cooled, frost them with four or five shades of tinted frosting (for intense tones like those shown, use paste food coloring).
To make the serving platter, use a craft knife to cut a palette shape from a sheet of cardboard or foam board. Paint it brown and let it dry before using it.
Note: Family Fun provided me with the recipes and images for this post. I opted to share them with you without compensation. Any opinions within are 100% my own.