One of our Pappy’s favorite foods is a super healthy snack, the pistachio. We were excited to find out that there’s a day dedicated to them, February 26. In preparation for the day, we were sent information on pistachios as well as some bites to give a try. + Enter disclaimer text
8 Reasons To Celebrate World Pistachio Day
Pistacthios are a delicious treat. We gave the Pistachio + Cranberry Chewy Bites a try this week and found them to be a sweet and (as Isla said) as somewhat spicy chew. Unfortunately, Mama wasn’t able to try, so she has to give the info she got from the Littles on this one! In the meantime, Mama is going to find some whole pistachios to enjoy for tomorrow’s holiday!
Here are reasons why the pistachio is worth celebrating:
· Heart Health- with all the nutrients in pistachios, they are a heart healthy snack you can feel good about eating. Scientific evidence suggests that eating 1.5 ounces of pistachios as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may lower the risk of heart disease.
· Prebiotics- I know you’ve heard of probiotics, but if you don’t consume a prebiotic before your probiotic, the probiotic is much less effective. Grab a handful of pistachios to keep your gut in tip top shape!
· Vitamin B6- your body uses vitamin B6 to keep your brain and nervous system healthy, it also helps produce serotonin which will help regulate your sleep schedule.
· Fiber- this helps you feel full for longer. Load up on fibrous foods like pistachios to help keep your hunger in check!
· Protein- this helps your body build and repair tissues in addition to contributing to bone and muscle health.
· Antioxidants- antioxidants help to protect the body from free radical molecules and can protect you from diseases.
· They have the largest serving size- other snack nuts only have between 10-20 nuts per serving. Grab 49 pistachios for a powerful and satisfying snack!
· They’re delicious! There are so many yummy ways to eat pistachios including Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites, Naturally Flavored Pistachios, and Roasted Salted Pistachios. Check out www.settonfarms.com for delicious ways to incorporate pistachios into your cooking!
About Pistachio + Cranberry Chewy Bites
Here’s what we were told about the bites:
With two main ingredients, Pistachio + Cranberry Chewy Bites provide healthy snack lovers the amazing benefits of pistachios and cranberries in a delicious and nutritious bite-size bar. Pistachio Chewy Bites are heart-healthy, 100% all natural, gluten and dairy free, low in sodium, GMO free, vegan and a great on-the-go protein snack. They also have no cholesterol, zero trans-fat and are a good source of dietary fiber. These nutrient-rich snack bars provide a great balance of carbohydrates, protein and fat for sustainable energy. With 7 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and healthy fat, the individually wrapped bars are the perfect one-stop shop.
Available in major grocery store chains across the country such as: Bristol Farms, Fairway, Shoprite, A&P, Roundy’s, HEB, Safeway, Ingles, Gelson’s, King Kullen, Earth Fare, Price Chopper, Wegmans, Save Mart, Lucky, Hy-Vee, Shop n’ Save, etc. They are also available online at Amazon and Puritan.com.
Pricing: 6-Pack $5.99 and 16-Pack $12.50
About Setton Farms
Setton Farms is a family owned business based in California’s Central Valley and is the 2nd largest producer and processor of pistachios in the United States. The business started as a small bakery in Brooklyn in 1959 and expanded to growing pistachios in 1987. They are a vertically integrated company and are able to focus on every step of the pistachio process from harvesting, to processing, to shipping. The processing plant has a 1.7MW solar power system and their post-harvest operations are 100% solar powered. Their products range from plain pistachios to flavored pistachios to their iconic Pistachio Chewy Bites.