This post is brought to you by the NaBloPoMo July prompts from BlogHer. This month, I am writing about connections.
Today’s Prompt: Do you feel that you are connected to your community?
I absolutely love my city of Pittsburgh, and feel very connected to it. My neighborhood in Tarentum might not be my favorite place in town, but how could I not love the city that:
* Has three rivers
* Has three pretty great sports teams
* Welcomes you home from the airport with a stunning view
* Has organizations that raise money for kids with Cancer, holds birthday parties for kids whose parents can’t, or holds company fundraisers to give money to sick kids
* Holds an incredible Marathon weekend
* Has a crazy awesome Twitter community (and bloggers too — have you seen my post on “Ya Jagoff” today about bathroom Jagoffs?)
* Brought me home after three years living at the beach because this is home.
* Bleeds Black and Gold