Last Wednesday was Evan’s last day of Head Start (year one – we haven’t made solid plans for next year, but he’s back in the program if he wants to be / if it fits with our schedule).
He’s not as photo happy about school photos as Arianna is, so we have to go with what we get with him. Like this:
See? Sigh. His feet were hot and I was torturing him, go figure.
This year, Evan has grown up so much:
- He can write his first name, sometimes the “right” way with a “Big E, little v, a, n”.
- His personality is shining through. Don’t call him Sugar Bear, though, or he’ll curl up into his shy ball and say, “that’s not nice to call people names”.
- He asked to cut his hair.
- He is learning responsibility and consequences.
- He is reading some words.
- He knows how to count to 30, but almost always skips 15.
- He knows his alphabet and can recognize almost all of the upper and lower case letters.
- He recognizes (and can describe) shapes.
Way to grow, Evan! Love you forever, like you for always.