The Kids of STEEL team has some exciting news for Pittsburgh kiddos who love to run. Similar to the RUNwithP3R Challenge, your child can earn an extra medal by completing the Kids of STEEL Challenge in 2020!
What is the Kids of STEEL Challenge?
By running three designated races (each a one mile distance), the 2020 Kids of STEEL Challenge will help keep Pittsburgh kids running this summer and fall. The three races to complete are:
- Pittsburgh Kids Marathon ✅ (would need to have ran this in May 2020)
- Fleet Feet Liberty Mile 🔲 more details here
- Dollar Bank Junior Great Race 🔲 more details here
Kids will get this fourth medal in addition to the other three they earned running those races! There are over 4,000 kids who ran a virtual race in May that are eligible for this challenge – will you be one of the ‘lil Burghers who takes this challenge on?
Facts about Kids of STEEL
Our friends at P3R, the engine behind Pittsburgh’s running events, shared the following with us about Kids of STEEL:
- 2020 Kids of STEEL Challenge Medal inspires kids and their families to stay moving together throughout the whole year.
- Over 8,000 Kids in the Kids of STEEL program in 2020.
- Nearly 4,000 ran a virtual race in May.
- The challenge to complete all 3 races (Chick-fil-A Pittsburgh Kids Marathon + Fleet Feet Liberty Mile + Dollar Bank Junior Great Race) is great motivation to keep moving and build healthy habits, and more importantly, stick to them all year.
- The Chick-fil-A Pittsburgh Kids Marathon is the most popular of the youth races and is sometimes their first race experience. We want them to build off of this foundation of running with P3R!
PS: Kids – be sure to check out this FREE youth training guide from Kids Of Steel AND follow them on Instagram (@kidsofsteelpgh) for running workouts!