As I was thinking about a third recipe for the Red Pack contest I am participating in this week, I was leaning toward Huevos Rancheros, since it is on my 30 things by 30 list. I googled and searched Red Gold to see if I could find anything, and I came across this biscuit version. An absolute favorite breakfast item of ours is “Lucky Biscuits”, a discovery from Burgh Baby, so I am sure I can come up with a great adaption that we’ll have this weekend. If you beat me to the punch, please tell me how good it is!
Heart Healthy Huevos Ranchero Biscuits
adapted from this RedGold Recipe
Heart-Healthy Biscuit Mix, prepared for 2 mixes
2 cups of egg substitute (equivalent of 8 eggs)
1/2 cup milk (skim or soy)
1 14.5 oz can Redpack® Petite Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies, drained
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1. Bake the biscuits according to package directions.
2. In large bowl combine egg substitute and milk, beat until well blended.
3. Add tomatoes with green chilies to the egg mix and mix well.
4. Spray a 12-inch skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet until hot over medium heat.
5. Add the egg mixture and cook until set, 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Add cheese and stir gently.
7. Cover skillet and remove from heat. Allow to stand for 2 minutes to melt cheese and set eggs.
8. Place split biscuits on serving plate. Spoon the egg mixture over biscuit and top with warm salsa.