Disclosure: I was sent products from ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ in exchange for this review. All opinions, as always, are 100% my own.
Oh, hello sinus season. This year, you are going down. My family, all four of us, are chronic sinus sufferers. Fall and winter can be absolutely miserable, to say the least. (Think about it, man cold for months, and I’m guilty, too.)
This year, my family will be using ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ to keep us breathing free and clear (provided we can keep Evan from sticking chocolate up his nose).Families have been using ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda (from Church & Dwight, Co., Inc,) for over 165 years to keep their homes fresh, so the power behind Simply Saline™ shouldn’t be a surprise to you.
The majority of the line of nasal mists and nasal moisturizers are drug-free ways to clear up congestion. With few ingredients in the list of each product, simple sounds like a good way to fight congestion. (Added bonus, Simply Saline™ is endorsed by Dr. Travis Stork, ER physician and host of “The Doctors” because he agrees with finding simple ways to maintain health.) Some of the products, like the Neti Pot, do include real ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda to help minimize the sting (I’ll have to check this out in stores, I’ve always wanted to try a Neti Pot, but was worried about the sting).
As for the products my family will be turning to this sinus season, we’ve been armed with a range of options for our varying ages.
Evan (age 2) will be using the Simply Saline™ baby line to keep a moisturized nose. Bonus? These products are all safe to use as often as needed to keep babies congestion free (thank you, drug-free!).
- ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ Baby Nasal Relief is a mist to flush dust and other irritants out of the nose. Purified water and salt are the only ingredients!
- ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ Baby Nasal Moisturizer plus Aloe Vera is a no-drip gel formula that stays in place around the nose for lasting relief. This will likely be Evan’s favorite.
- ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ Baby Nasal Swabs (Personally, I am most excited about these, but I am not sure how crazy Evan will be about me taking a swab to his nose. I love that it doesn’t mean having to worry about spraying him anywhere but in the nostrils.) These swabs keep noses clean and moisturized.
Arianna (age 5) will be using the Simply Saline™ children’s line (for ages 2+).
- ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ Children’s Cold Formula plus Moisturizers is one of the products in the line that is not drug-free (it contains homeopathic ingredients) and is considered extra-strength. The mist can be used for sneezing, runny nose, and sinus congestion as often as needed. It also has a child safe nozzle.
Greg and I will be using the adult line of Simply Saline™ to fight our allergy and sinus issues this fall. We have two options to fight over (I’m not one for recommending sharing a nasal mist), and since they recommend spraying in one nostril while tilting your head to the side over the sink, we’ll likely be sure to not use them in each other’s presence for the sake of romance. 😉
- ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ Allergy & Sinus Relief nasal mist can be used with your allergy and sinus medication, as often as needed, to help keep the nose congestion free.
- ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ Extra Strength Nighttime Formula is extra strength for the times when sleeping is difficult due to nasal congestion.
These products, as well as the Neti Pot, Wound Care, and Contact Solution, can be found at mass retailers and drug stores nationwide. They retail from $2.99 to $9.59.