Today I’m sharing information about a way you can help make a difference through a Mother’s Day Virtual Tea Party with LLS (the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society). My friend Nicole shared the details below with me, but doing good for those with cancer is near and dear to my heart. Many of you may not know this, but my cousin Tracy lost her battle with cancer in February. This year, my cup of tea will be in her memory.
Mother’s Day Virtual Tea Party
As springtime is approaching, so is Mother’s Day. Traditionally, mothers look forward to spending this day with their children. For those impacted by cancer, Mother’s Day takes on a very special meaning. It is a time to be thankful and share the day with family and loved ones. It is also a time to be hopeful that many more Mother’s Days will be spent together.
Moms like Helen Berry. Helen was diagnosed with Stage III Lymphoma in 2012 and was in the fight for her life when, on Christmas Day 2013, she got the devastating news that her daughter Sarah had leukemia. With a renewed fighting spirit, mom and daughter took on the challenge of beating cancer together. Today, they are both finished with treatments and Sarah is an average 10-year old in dance and gymnastics classes.
We’re asking for your help this Mother’s Day so we can continue to gives moms like Helen many more years to celebrate with her beautiful daughter. Mother’s Day Tea is an opportunity for you to invite your loved ones to take part in a “tea party.” We are asking friends to have “a cup of tea at the hour of three” on Mother’s Day to honor those with cancer.
Here is how you can become a Hostess of our Mother’s Day Tea Party? Being a hostess for Mother’s Day Tea is easy – it doesn’t require you to attend an event, or even leave the comfort of your couch!
- Register at this link: http://events.lls.org/pages/wpa/MothersDayTea2017
- Share your story about a mom who has made a difference in your life, or what Mother’s Day means to you now that you’re a mom yourself.
- Invite and share with friends and family members who can make a donation to your Tea Party. Each person has the chance to contribute to help raise money for LLS.
- On Mother’s Day, upload photos on your social media pages sharing your special tea parties with the hashtag #mothersdaytea2017
So easy, and such a wonderful moment spent with your friends and family all over the country, all while raising money!
New this year, we’re partnering with LulaRoe, which is donating fabulous prizes for all hostesses who raise $250 or more!
Each person who raises:
- $250 by May 14th, 2017 – will receive a pair of leggings in their size
- $350 by May 14th, 2017 – will receive a pair of leggings and $25 Gift Card to LuLaRoe Nicole Saville
- $500 by May 14th 2017- will receive a pair of leggings and a $50 Gift Card to LuLaRoe Nicole Saville
So- the more you raise- the more you get!
LuLaRoe Nicole Saville will be hosting an Online Pop Up to support our fundraising efforts this year! LuLaRoe will match our proceeds that are raised that day to go towards our Mother’s Day Tea. To find out more, how to donate, and where to shop, please go to the event page on Facebook.
Thanks for all the details, Nicole! Hopefully you will all join me in the Mother’s Day Virtual Tea Party on May 14. Let’s help beat cancer!