Disclaimer: I was asked to review the item or service below in exchange for compensation and/or free items. All opinions, however, are 100% my own.
Ah, the spa. When I think of a spa, I think of the calming scents of lavender and mint. A cool glass of ice water with a slice of lemon. An overall healthy, rejuvenating feeling. While we don’t have the means for a spa trip all too often, that doesn’t mean we can’t pamper ourselves on the regular.
I was introduced to essential oils last fall and was recently given a chance to test out doTerra Essential Oils to experience the pampering one can enjoy with their products. doTerra has many types of oils that can be used to help you with your health and well-being. There are different combinations that will work together to achieve emotional and physical wellness. But if you are a busy person like me, taking the time to read up on all of this can be the exact reverse effect. Goodbye day at the spa, hello stress.
When I was asked by Lauren of Discover Natural Solutions to test out an introductory pack of doTerra Essential Oils, I figured this was a great way to learn more about the trend. (I’ll admit – I’ve been pinning oils and even bought a bunch along the way, I just honestly got lumped in the overwhelmed category and was really excited to have someone willing to tell me more on a personal level).
First, we started out the product selection by considering what things were ailing me and my family. Allergies and sleep are our two main complaints. It was clear that the introductory pack of Lavender, Peppermint, and Lemon would be a good fit.
And she was right. Here are my top 3 favorite uses for each of the oils:
1. Combining it with lotion for a stress-relieving hand massage (hello, mini day at the spa!)
2. Applying it to a washcloth (with cold water) to aid with sleep.
3. Applying to wrists and inhaling to ease motion sickness (pretty much a road trip essential for me now).
1. Rub a drop on your wrists to elevate your mood.
2. Add into drinking water as a toxin cleanser.
3. Use with coconut oil and massage into fingernails.
1. Add to a washcloth (soaked in cool water) to help cool off.
2. Rub on stomach to ease indigestion.
3. Open up the sinuses by diffusing it or just simply opening the bottle and breathing it in.
Combined, the three are a relief for allergies, one of our biggest complaints in this house. Sounds like a win to me.
You can learn more about doTERRA Essential Oils and how to purchase them to help your body heal itself naturally by visiting the purchase page over on Discover Natural Solutions. Thank you for sharing these oils with my family, Lauren!